For Service Call 440-439-9985 or 330-562-9881
Bedford began as part of the Connecticut Western Reserve in 1797 and was surveyed Seth Pease and Amzi Atwater, under the direction of Moses Cleaveland. The area was originally marked as Lot 46 of the Western Reserve Survey and after the survey it was labeled as Range II Township 6 which would eventually become Bedford Township. The area attracted many enterprising settlers as it had both an abundance of hardwood forests and Tinkers Creek, which had waterfalls that were conducive for building mills. The first settlers to the area started to arrive in 1813.